Mission and Activities
Tecnoalimenti operates as a holding having set-up a Corporate Research Network in which laboratories of member companies, large industries together with advanced Small and Medium Enterprises, cooperate with public research centres and universities to perform innovation and research in the fields of agrifood, nutrition, environment, safety and security by developing new technologies, new products and new visions.
Established in 1981, over 30 years ago thanks to the trigger of the Ministry of Research, Tecnoalimenti has become a leader in its field by carrying out hundreds of collaborative research and innovation projects in the competitive environment of international research providing added value to its clients.
In line with the national and international research strategies, the activities of Tecnoalimenti are articulated in the following priorities:
- Achieving excellence in innovation by setting up initiatives, collaborations and projects at international and national level. To this extend over 250 projects were successfully carried out involving hundreds of industries, universities and research centres.
- Focusing on results by incorporating agrifood industry needs and requirements into research objectives and by embedding solutions to societal needs into industry requirements.
- Providing solutions from research to needs and gaps of the agrifood industry. The wide experience gathered is focused to the provision of services to the industry for solving product and technology queries and to overcome problems.
- Exploring new frontiers of science and technology for the benefit of the agrifood industry. Participation to interdisciplinary platforms of frontier research is regarded as an important aspect for foresight and think-tank activities.
Tecnoalimenti is a non-profit Scientific and Technological Research Organisation established as Consortium of 28 agrifood related industries with a minor participation of the Italian Ministry of Research. It is active nationally and internationally with the headquarter located in Milan, Italy, and a regional office in Naples.
Selection of major business partners:
- Asociaciòn de Investigaciòn de la Industria Agroalimentaria – AINIA – Spain
- Univeristy of Kent- UK
- Institute of Logistics and Warehousing – ILIM, Poland
- Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences- SLU – Alnarp, Sweden
- Università di Parma, Italia
- Università Federico II, Napoli, Italia
- Università di Milano, Italia
- Università Bicocca, Milano, Italia
- Università di Perugia, Italia
- Università di Firenze, Italia
- Alma Mater Studiorum, Università di Bologna, Italy
- City University, London, UK
- Imperial College, London, UK
- Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, CNR, Italy
- Max Plank Gesellschaft, Germany
- MTT Agrifood Research, Finland
- TEAGASC, Agriculture and Food Development Authority, Ireland
- Akdeniz University, Turkey
- North South Consultants Exchange, Egypt
- VTT, Technical Research Centre, Finland
- Tuyap, Turkey
- University of Bologna Food Science Department – Italy
- Camst S.c.ar.l – Italy
- Vilnius University – Institute of Materials Science and Applied research – Lithuania
- Institutet for Livsmedel och Bioteknik AB – Sweden
- Institute of Food Research – Food Safety and Computational Microbiology Group- United Kingdom.
- Laboratoire National de Métrologie et d’Essais – Centre energie, materiaux et emballages – France
- UAB “Palink” – IKI Lithuanina
- University of Surrey, UK
- Karolinska Institute, Sweden
- IRAS/Utrecht University, NL
- University of Dusseldorf, Germany
- Italia Logistica – Gruppo FS
- Rail Italia – Italy
- Novamont – Italy