CO-FRESH – Co-creating sustainable and competitive Fruits and Vegetables’ value chains in Europe
Starting from current best practices and key success factors observed and analysed in innovative value chains and the state of the art in technological and non-technological approaches, CO-FRESH proposes to develop techniques, tools and insights for the re-design of agri-food value chains. Through collaborative and systemic approaches, the tools and formats will be applied in 7 pilot cases representing diverse fruit and vegetables agri-food value chains (including protein crops for food and feed) across Europe. CO-FRESH will use the Intervention Research approach to study models of collective innovation action within and across organisations. The CO-FRESH consortium brings together key actors from pilot agri-food value chains; actors’ associations (farmers, food producers, cooperatives, consumers); experts in technological (including digital) solutions and non-technological (including social, organizational, and institutional) solutions; as well as experts in environmental, social, economic sustainability, and in consumer’s acceptance. The main objective of CO-FRESH is to (re)design and pilot innovative systemic approaches to agri-food value chains to scale up this innovation at European level. These innovative approaches will improve economic, social and environmental performance/efficiency of these value chains, through smart integration of technological, social, organisational, managerial and institutional innovations; all of which serve to make them more sustainable.
Durata 01/10/2020 – 31/03/2024
- Centro Nacional de Tecnologia y Seguridad Alimentaria
- Universitaet Hohenheim
- Tecnoalimenti s.c.p.a.
- Ghent University
- Wageningen University and Research
- Alma Mater Studiorum – Universita di Bologna
- Warsaw University of Life Sciences
- Actalia association
- Centre de Recerca en Economia i Desenvolupament Agroalimentari
- Gerace Maria Caterina (“Le Terre di Zoè” Azienda Agricola Biologica)
- Florette Ibérica, S.L.U.
- Food Valley
- Chambre d’agriculture du Pays de la Loire
- Stowarzyszenie Polskich Sadowników Ekologicznych
- PILZE Nagy Ltd
- Asociación de Organizaciones Productor de Frutas y Hortalizas Almería
- National Association of Int. Representations for Small-scale producers and service providers KISLEPTEK
- European Community of Consumer Cooperatives
- Cooperatives Europe
- Bioeconomy Cluster
- Organic Agriculture Research Institute
- Enco srl
- Future Intelligence Ltd.
- Innogestiona Ambiental