TRUSTyFOOD – Stakeholders-driven pathways for blockchain implementation in the agri-food sector
For 36 months, 13 participants in representation of industry, Academia and food Associations from 7 EU and 1 third countries (Egypt) will join forces for supporting the Strategic Research Agenda of the future joint research program on the subject of Blockchain by shedding light on the current partial and fragmented picture of block chain technology (BCT) applications in the agri-food domain and by clarifying the benefits and opportunities which BCT can concretely to stakeholders throughout the food chain offer.
TRUSTyFOOD project intends to prepare the way for R&I activities for the decade to come, basing its assumptions on systematic monitoring and reviews of national, European and international R&I pilots/use cases, experiences and best practices and on consolidated and balanced stakeholder views.
The active involvement of users is required from the very beginning for the identification of needs and use cases, which will be subsequently translated into operational requirements for services.
The goal of the project is to understand why communities, i.e., users, accept/reject blockchain-based projects, the mistakes done by others for not repeating them, the best and innovative practices in blockchain development in agri-food sector (considering its complexity) for arriving to shape different possible futures for BC application.
The project will investigate and discuss both technical aspects as well as non-technical barriers to BCTs deployment, but also other issues fostering BCTs deployment, such as interoperability, innovative business models, standardisation and regulatory issues and will be at the base of White Papers addressed to EC. At the same time, the project intends to provide to users a framework of services (and guidelines) for empowering them in future BCT implementation.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon Europe programme for research and innovation under grant agreement n° 101060534.
Duration: 1 July 2022-30 June 2025
- Tecnoalimenti S.C.p.A., IT (Project Coordinator)
- ETHNIKO KENTRO EREVNAS KAI TECHNOLOGIKIS ANAPTYXIS, EL
- FRAUNHOFER GESELLSCHAFT ZUR FOERDERUNG DER ANGEWANDTEN FORSCHUNG E.V., DE
- UNIVERSITAET KOBLENZ-LANDAU, DE
- INOV INSTITUTO DE ENGENHARIA DE SISTEMAS E COMPUTADORES, INOVACAO, PT
- INESC ID – INSTITUTO DE ENGENHARIADE SISTEMAS E COMPUTADORES, INVESTIGACAO E DESENVOLVIMENTO EM LISBOA, PT
- ENGINEERING – INGEGNERIA INFORMATICA SPA, IT
- STICHTING VU, NL
- UDRUGA ZA RAZVOJ SURADNJE NA UNAPRJEDENJU TEHNOLOGIJE U PREHRAMBENOM SEKTORU, HR
- CONFEDERAZIONE GENERALE DELL AGRICOLTURA ITALIANA, IT
- NORTH-SOUTH CONSULTANTS EXCHANGE LLC (NSCE), EG
- Compellio SA, LU
- WORLD FARMER ORGANISATION (WFO), IT
email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org